Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Heading Back to Spain

What a short night that was! After getting home from the presentations in Urt I decided that I had better finish packing as we were leaving at 8am this morning to head back to Spain, destination Segovia.

This morning dawned very wet so I wasn't unhappy to head south hoping that we would find some sun.  What a convoy, 2 trucks full of bikes, trikes and hand cycles, with mechanics tools, bike bags and boxes and luggage for about 29 people, followed by 4 vehicles carrying the athletes!  We were told to expect at least 5 hours driving with approximately 3 stops on the way, so possibly a 7 hour trip.  Thank goodness I had downloaded a few books on my iPad!

As we have been driving I am in awe at the history in Spain and I am really looking forward to Segovia where I have been assured I can get my fill of it.  I can't wait to explore some of the old buildings in the area during some of my down time.

And as I am sitting in this van for the next few hours it has given me some time to reflect on this past weekend of racing.  I have been so fortunate to have been given this opportunity to race for Australia and to live up to my potential. I know I have set high standards for myself but with this racing experience I can focus on not only achieving those standards but maybe even exceeding them. The disappointment of not winning at the World Championships  last year have begun to fade away as I learn more and more about racing.  I have learnt a lot of lessons this past weekend by making rookie mistakes, but as long as I take those mistakes with me and turn them around I can look forward to success in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment