Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Goodbye Spain, Hello London

This morning the Australian group split in two and went different directions. Most were heading to Barcelona to head home, but 7 riders and two coaches Peter and Jenni, headed to Madrid where we caught a flight to Gatwick airport in London.

Our mechanic Peter and one of the other coaches, Tom, had left Spain the night before driving all our bikes, trikes and hand cycles along with our luggage to London. We were off to do some testing and filming of the course we will race on in September.

The course is located in Brands Hatch, which car racing fans will know as a racing circuit. But they have incorporated some local roads with the race course and built a new road to attach the two. The total course is 8km in length. Tomorrow along with about 20 other countries the course will be open to Paracyclists in order that we can ride it and at which time cameras and GPS will be installed on our bikes/trikes/hand cycles so that we can use the data and video back at home in order to train. Amazing stuff really!

I must say though that I am really tired with the last 2 weeks really taking it out of me, so I am looking forward to a restful night tonight! It is really exciting though to think that tomorrow I will be riding on the Paralympic course, it is making this journey all so real! I may be tired but I take a moment every day to remind myself that this is what I have dreamed of for years and that I will continue the effort, continue to persist and by doing this will delight in the outstanding rewards that it will bring!

No comments:

Post a Comment