Saturday, September 17, 2011

The Hard Work Begins

We left Denmark on Tuesday morning and I was lucky enough to have 3 seats to myself, so I was able to curl up and get a few hours sleep during the 12 hours to Singapore.  At Singapore Changi airport we were all going to our respective cities so it was time to say goodbye!  It has been a wonderful two weeks getting to know everyone and I feel that I have made some wonderful friends on this journey.  It has been an amazing team to be part of, with staff second to none and team mates who are amazing athletes!  I have learnt so much on this journey and I look forward to learning so much more.

I have had the last couple of days off to get over the jetlag and it has certainly given me the time to reflect on what is ahead of me.  The hard work now begins!!  I have learned that next year at the Paralympics they have combined the Trike racing so that the men and women are all racing for one set of medals.  It will be factored meaning a sort of handicap so that the men and women are come out equal.  But it still means that I am competing against not only the woman who beat me at this year’s World Championships but all the men who came out on top as well.  So as I said, the hard work now begins!


Next time I'll be in the middle!
I am still bound and determined to be standing on the top of the podium next year and to do this I have to prove it with persistence!  These of course are only words and no matter how much I say it with conviction and passion I have to prove it with persistence.  With persistence I believe the biggest obstacles will fall and even the most ambitious achievements are within my reach.  I know that I can achieve whatever I choose to achieve and the process begins with the decision and commitment to do it!

No achievement is ever easy, I owe it to not only myself, but the people who believe in me to transform that possibility of a gold medal into reality.  The dream I have is in my hands and mine for the taking, all it will take is a little persistence!

4 comments:

  1. You will be in the middle if any one has worked so hard to get in the middle it is you and there are not many people who do so much for others.
    Carol I was at a disability conference in town yesterday and a woman from Adelaide spoke about the Mega Swim at Unley Pool in SA I was proud to say I know the lady who started these Mega Swims and Alan could not wait to tell the lady of the scholarships that PwMS get because of what you started.
    Safe trip home
    Robert

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are an amazing Lady. With the way you tackle everything, you will be in the middle.So proud of you, my lovely niece.
    Love you, Aunt Marjorie & Crawf.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi my lovely neice Carol.

    Your persistence has paid off as usual - I am so proud of you and your sister Cindy with her brilliant Documentary - all in the same week. Keep it up - love hearing about your life.

    Love you forever - Rheta

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our Great daughter Carol,

    Our chests are certainly sticking out.Ounce again how proud we are of you.You never cease to amaze us.
    We have two lovely young women whom we brag about and why not. You have both excelled in every thing you have accomplished.
    Love,
    Mom and Dad

    ReplyDelete