Friday, September 9, 2011

Day 1 – World Para-cycling Championships – Denmark

Well what a fantastic day for Australia!  Today the first round of the Time Trial races and Australia came home with 2 Gold medals.  Sue Powell in the C4 W category won by 8 and 10 seconds over 2nd and 3rd place and David Nicholson in the C3 M category won by 9 and 14 seconds over 2nd and 3rd place! 

Other results today in the 2 wheel categories: Claire McLean in the extremely difficult category of C5 W was 5th which is a fantastic result as well.  The hand cyclists also had a good day – Craig Parsons was 9th in H1, Michael Taylor – 17th in H2, Nigel Barley was 7th in H3, Stuart Tripp was 6th in H4 and Melissa Leckie was 8th in the women’s H2.  A fantastic day all round where everyone did everything in their power to do their best!

As for me I had a good day with 30 minutes of activation on the trainer and beside me was Jing Huang.  Jing is an Australian but she is racing for Chinese Taipei.  So the two of us did our respective workouts while the others, Brandie and Kerry our tandem women went out on the road with the men’s tandem of Phil and Matt, along with Mick and Ryan the other C5 and C4 riders.


Stretching outside Nike!
The afternoon was very relaxing as a few of us went across the road from our hotel to the only Factory Outlet facility in Denmark!!  We sat for well over an hour having coffee and then did a bit of shopping!  I have to admit we did get a few very good deals on things from outlets like Nike and Puma!  It was then back to the hotel for a relaxing afternoon with my feet up watching the end of “Underbelly” the series which I had on my computer.

Our daily meeting was a great one as we congratulated the members of the team who had done a stellar job today and then in for dinner.

The start list is now out for tomorrow and I must say the butterflies have started!   I am the first racer off tomorrow in the Trike category and I plan to be so far ahead that no one will be able to see how far ahead of them I am! I honestly believe in the power of positive thinking, but I also know that I am fit, strong, ready and as prepared as I can be.  It is important to give life to your best intentions by giving the power of your thoughts to them.  It is important to make your dreams real by keeping them constantly in your thoughts.  Tomorrow is the first day to make one of my dreams come true and only I have the power to do that!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Carol we will all be sending lots of positive vibes your way, not that you will need it as we know you can do it.

    ReplyDelete