Friday, August 24, 2012

First week of Staging Camp

First week of Staging Camp

Well we have well and truly been on our staging camp now for a week in France and have become part of the local community.  We have found some great training ride areas and also our local coffee shop where we stop everyday after our ride for a cuppa!  We have even bought lottery tickets in the hopes of winning the "Big One"!  But unfortunately so far all we have won is $7 euro and that was on  Dan's ticket which he bought for $10 euro!  But I guess you have to be in it to win it.

We have all found houses on our rides which in our dreams we would like to purchase, renovate and live in6 months of the year!  Yup, in my dreams!

But seriously my training has really been coming together.  I have had some great effort pieces and done some great hill climbing, all which will certainly help with the Brands Hatch course.

I think that one of the most important things I have learnt here is to expect the best out of myself each and every training ride, to accept what comes on those rides, learn from the outcomes and then repeat the next day!  I certainly have been living a very blessed existence while here in France as my days have just been about the final outcome.  So I get up, eat breakfast, go for a ride, jump in the pool, have lunch, have an hour and a half massage (yes every day!), have a rest, eat dinner then head to bed!  Not a hard life to get used to!  I know it won't last forever but I a very appreciative that I am being given the opportunity to be at my best for my races and ultimately fulfill my dream!

There is a great quote from Ralph Marsden " Keep expecting the very best, and keep working toward it, especially when circumstances tell you otherwise. Keep expecting the best, no matter what, and you will make it happen."

13 days until my ultimate dream comes true and I give it my very best!

4 comments:

  1. Carol, I'll be there to see you reach your ultimate dream. There is no doubt you will give it your very best. So very proud of my niece.
    Love you, Aunt Marjorie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dearest Carol my niece: Your e-mails sound like a great travel journal - would love to be in France with you. France is on my Bucket list after another trip to Italy. Glad to hear you are in great shape. Have been watching the para olympics leaving from here but will be anxious to see you from the Australia end. Keep on trucking Carol. Love you forever. Rheta

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds great Carol!
    Hope all the hurty bits are feeling better.
    Best of luck
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Go Carol! Can't wait to see you in the coverage blitzing for Aus!
    Felicity

    ReplyDelete