Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Brands Hatch Training Day

Today we headed out on buses to Brands Hatch where our Time Trial and Road Race will be held.  Now for those of you who don't know, Brands Hatch is  a well known motor racing circuit.  Not one piece of flat road, it either goes up or comes down with a lot of technical corners!  And I LOVE IT!

We were lucky enough to have ridden it back in June after the European tour we did and since then I have been able to view and "ride" the course via video.  That has been the most valuable piece of training along with what is called a computrainer which has the course and the gradients in it.  I honestly now think that the computrainer is harder than the actual course!

Although my Time Trial race is only one lap (8km), I did 3 laps today working on different aspects of the road.  I absolutely loved riding the course today and although there were a number of trike riders on the course I was able to effortlessly ride by them.  Now that could mean a couple of things, 1. They weren't really trying hard, 2. They were doing exactly the same as me or 3. I've gotten much faster!  I would like to think it is the latter!

It has been a long day, but I am really looking forward to racing in 2 days and to be honest I am quietly confident.  I read a great quote the other day from an unknown  author and I think this will be my new mantra:
"Believe in your dreams and they may come true; believe in yourself and they will come true."

No comments:

Post a Comment