Monday, November 29, 2010

Chasing Dreams

What would you attempt to do if you knew that you could not fail?

Quite an important question to ask yourself!  Just imagine if the whole world thought this way what we could all accomplish.  Everything in life has a risk.  Simply having a shower...you could slip and fall.  Crossing the street...make sure you look before you step.  Leaving the contentment of a good comfortable job...starting a new more challenging career.  Meeting someone and getting married....will it last.  Leaving the comfort of the country you grew up in...starting a new life in a different world!  Everyday challenges and chores have a risk associated and we all do these things almost everyday.  Well maybe not move to another country...but you get the picture!

So why then do we not attempt to follow our dreams?  All dreams have risks, but that is the great thing about dreams.  If you chase your dreams and fulfill them it makes them all so more rewarding; the fact that you have overcome all the dangers and obstacles along the way.

I believe that most of us are scared to follow our dreams because of that first statement I made.  We are scared that we may fail.  But Thomas Edison once said "Many of life's failures are men who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up."

I decided a few years ago that I was going to chase my dreams and should I fail, then at least I have tried.  Chasing my dream of competing at the Paralympics, I have learned that I really didn't know who I was until I could see what I could do.  I constantly amaze myself at some of my progress.  And when it gets to the end of my dream, whether I achieve it or not, I know that I have given it my all.

You should pursue any dream you have at full throttle.  It is your life and your choice - dare to face your fears and you can accomplish anything you set your mind to.  See every difficulty as a challenge, a stepping stone and never be defeated by anything or anyone!

GO OUT AND CHASE THOSE DREAMS!

No comments:

Post a Comment